Friday, June 27, 2014

Seven Bible Examples: Effects of the Devil's 'D's



Seven Bible Examples: Effects of the Devil's 'D's

   I. Moses’ Defeat: Numbers 11:11-15

    1. Moses' Depression/Despair (v.11-13) Questioning the Will of God

    2. Moses' Despondency/Desire for Death (v.14, 15)

  II. Saul’s Direct Demise: I Samuel 28-31

1.      Saul's Defeat/Distress/Despair-(28) "I am sore distressed...Saul was sore afraid...there was no                 strength in him...
2.      Saul’s Death/Destruction…”Saul took a sword and fell upon it." (31)

  III. Elijah’s Downward Direction: I Kings 19

    1.    Elijah's Defeat/Distress (v.3) "He arose and went for his life..."

2.        Elijah's Depression/Despair/Despondency/Desire for Death (v.4)
       "He requested for himself that he might die..."

   IV. Job’s Dangerous Attitudes: Job 6:9, 10:1

     1. Job’s Desire for Destruction “Even that it would please God to destroy me”

     2. Job's Distress/Despondency "My soul is weary of my life..."

  V. Jeremiah's Defeat/Distress/Despondency: Lamentations 3:18
     "My strength and my hope is perished from the Lord"

  VI. Jonah’s Depression/Despondency  Jonah 4:3
      "Therefore now O Lord take, I beseech Thee, my life from me, for it is better for me to die…"

  VII. Judas Death/Destruction-Matthew 27:4, 5
       "I have sinned, I have betrayed innocent blood...He departed and went and hanged himself"


Chaplain LEWolfe  www.btmi.org  I-85 Exit 35 SC   McPilot    Stop in, and please pray for our ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment